Feb 25, 2021
This recording is the sixth part of a multi-part episode on
Professor David Lancy's book The Anthropology of
In this episode, we look at children learning through work,
including questions such as:
- When do children start doing chores? What is their attitude to
- How does learning through chores tend to differ by gender?
- How do young people learn crafts?
- What are apprenticeships like? Why do they exist separately
from the main body of craft learning?
- How similar are any of these learning situations to
- What ancient institutions might school have evolved from?
Enjoy the episode.