I wanted to share some things I learned from my trip to the US this summer, and what my own experience of running maths circles has been like so far.
This episode includes:
- Discussion of the Summer Math Circle Institute;
- Tips and techniques learned from the Institute;
- My own experiences of running maths circles;
- Potatoes with added sugar;
- What you should and shouldn't assume about students;
- Why Math Circles (sometimes) work;
- Why Bloom's Taxonomy is upside-down; and
- The role of the teacher in having a vision for the students in his/her care.
Enjoy the episode.